Hey, I’m Ruth – a travel and lifestyle copywriter based in the Scottish Borders. I work on a freelance basis with some pretty inspirational mountain views from my office.
Before I struck out as a travel copywriter, I worked as a welfare adviser – a background which stood me in surprisingly good stead for the world of writing (more about my former life here).
But when that childhood dream of becoming a writer showed no signs of budging, I re-trained, quit my job and the rest, as they say, is history.
Now I write for diverse clients ranging from global brands to business start-ups. Whether writing for high-end or down-to-earth audiences, I help brands create impact with tailored content.
Much of my time is spent working with digital marketing agencies to write bespoke SEO-friendly content for travel websites. That said, I also research and write about a whole range of weird and wonderful topics.
A lot of my work comes from repeat business.
What can I say? I just love a happy customer.
While I do work on one-off projects, what I really enjoy is building up long-term relationships where I get to know a brand inside-out. You could say I’m a copywriting serial monogamist. And a devoted one at that. I always try to deliver that extra special something to keep people coming back for more.
My Copywriter credentials:
- I have a Copywriting Diploma with Distinction from the College of Media and Publishing.
- And an MA in Psychology from the University of Edinburgh.
- I blog about my family’s travel adventures at thecampervangang.com.
- I studied proofreading with the Writers’ Bureau. I’m a stickler for grammar, spelling and attention to detail. Yep, I know – I’m super cool.
- I learned all about writing for the web with Publishing Scotland.
But enough about me, I want to hear from you. Give me a shout today for a stress-free chat about working together. If you need lively content from a responsive and reliable copywriter, I’m your woman.